Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting this whole thing started


O.K. So some of you might be wondering what this is all about. Its quite simple, really, I, my horse, Strip, a friends horse, Mystic, and my dog, Solo, are all taking a cross country trip.
We are headed from Oregon to somewhere on the east coast, not really sure of the final destination, but plan to follow the Oregon Trail at least to Nebraska.
This will be a long journey, both wonderful and horrid, but it is something that I have always wanted to do and now seems to be the time for it.
The past several years have been difficult for me in many ways, what with my health issues and the economy crashing and I have decided that I am not going to wait any longer to do what I want in my life. We spend so much of our time putting off our dreams or letting people talk us out of them and for what?
So, in less than a month's time, this overweight 45 yr old woman, 2 horses and a dog are heading out to fulfill one of my crazy dreams.
So get ready America, I am coming to meet you. I look forward to seeing the truly beautiful country we live in and to get a chance to meet many of my wonderful and interesting neighbors from across the nation.
Date of departure is set for the first half of May, depending on the weather.

If you are interested in helping me get ready, I am compiling an Amazon.com wish list.


No comments:

Post a Comment