Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

And the Dog is Solo


My dog is a healer. That says a lot about him. He is stubborn, tenacious, intelligent, practically indestructible and a general pain in my backside that I wouldn't trade for any other dog.
He has been with me since he was 9 weeks old and when I picked him it was based solely on the big black spot he has on his side. Since his litter hadn't been socialized it was a little like a greased pig chase trying to catch the puppies and when I picked him up he wanted nothing to do with me. So I chose him on his looks and size and took him home, a long drive where he threw up 4 times on my lap, such a good dog. He was the most difficult dog to house break and everything he learned seemed to take forever, but once he understood what I expected, he never forgot it.
He spent every moment of everyday with me until he was 6 and I moved to train at a barn that doesn't allow dogs on the premises and he was made to stay home, everyday I walk out the door is a punishment for him. He is 12 years old now and just as crazy and tough as ever and like most healers totally devoted to me, so regardless of his age he is coming on this trip too, since he would be miserable if I left him.

1 comment: