Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

And the award for the most interesting place to camp goes to . . .

I have done a lot more camping on this trip than I have done in the rest of my life. Usually it involves a park or some woods or some nice field somewhere but lately we have had a few more unique settings. Lets recap them . . .

In Oregon I think the most interesting place I camped was in a wagon shed in a Ghost town called Shaniko. The nice townspeople there let me throw my tent up in the shed with all the old wagons and buggys, cool and interesting.

In Idaho I believe that the most interesting camp site was in the city park in Murtagh. Now this in of itself is not unusual, except that around midnight headlights lit up my tent as 2 cars pulled into the park. They ended up being driven by 2 young people, that had come to the park to drink and have sex. Made for some interesting listening heh heh heh.

Now Wyoming has been interesting camping mecca. We started out camping under the announcers booth at the rodeo grounds, only to be awoken by the police, searching for me (not to move but to make sure I was ok). We then camped in the 4h grounds at Kemmerer, where lightening storms rolled over us every night we were there. On to Little America where we camped behind the hotel, next to the pump house, oddly enough the sound was rather soothing. This led us to one of the 2 most unique camp sites I have been in. The impound lot at a salvage yard, not what one generally thinks of when one imagines going camping. Then 2 days later, we camped at an abandoned house in an abandoned trailer yard.

All of these sites have had good things about them and interesting things, mostly they were all safe places, with grass or hay for the horses. It just goes to show that you should keep an open mind, cause you never know where you will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment