Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A brief hiccup on the road, jumps us forward . . .

So, we have leaped ahead on our trip about 176 miles. I had the girls trailered to Cheyenne to save them from crossing the second half of the desert in Wyoming. I feel like a big cheater, but the first half of the state was incredibly hard on the horses and I won't put them through that type of travel again. So we caught a ride with a wonderful woman, Dorie Fritz, from Rawlins to Cheyenne.

Cheyenne is a beautiful city, it is lovely and full of kind people. This is a good place to be remembering when I leave Wyoming for Nebraska, I will have fond memories of all the people I have met in this state, and this pretty city will give me parting fond memories of the state itself. If you get the opportunity to visit Wyoming's capital, I say do so, especially at the end of July when they have the huge frontier days rodeo. It is apparently quite the party.

Our trip through Wyoming has had highs and lows, we have struggled and overcome. I don't think the 3 of us have ever been so tired, the girls lost each over 100 pounds and we have been sitting for about 2 weeks gaining it back. They also each have a wither sore from the change in body shape and shift in the saddles. The sitting has also been to allow those to heal and I will continue on, on foot until they are healed up. These mares are my transportation across this great country and without them being in top condition I can't make it, so when they need time, we wait, I go crazy, but we wait. When they are ready, physically, cause lets face it they would really just prefer to hang out eating grass all day, we get underway, not before.

So our waiting this time is almost at an end, and soon we will be back on the road to Nebraska . . . makes my feet hurt a bit just thinking about it, and my pocket book, since to leave Wyoming we need brand inspections, health certificates, new back shoes for Delightful and food for the girls, big ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment