Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A bed of roses . . . not really

Now for those of you that think this trip has been a purely positive experience for me, it hasn't. I have had tough times, rough days, and disappointments and difficulties. Right now I am extremely frustrated. I have reached that stage where I am tired, cranky, frustrated, annoyed and depressed. I feel that I keep spinning my wheels (or hoofs) and that I am never gonna get across the country. Just when we get going again, something happens to stop us, and usually for days at a time. It is very lonely out here, I meet wonderful people, like Erica and Alvis of Wamsutter/Red Desert area, but this isn't the same as being around my friends, people that know me. I am trying to stay positive and calm, but when I see the days ticking by with no progress being made it is difficult at best. Those that know me, know I am a strong person, but lately I find myself on the verge of tears several times a day.
I can not move til the girls are rested and well, so I wait, frustration builds and the ticking gets louder, ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment