Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Slowly But Surely

There is less than two weeks until my departure date now and plans and preparations are coming together surprisingly well. Being dropped down to one horse does limit the amount of gear I can take with me, but it simplifies my travel quite a bit. My Father has mapped out all of the Oregon section for me and we had the ceremonial handing over of the first 10 days of the maps yesterday. Sage pieces of wisdom were imparted as he has finally reached the last stage of dealing with his daughters crazy adventure, acceptance. I have been slowly purchasing the equipment I need and am down to getting the last few items. The support of my friends and family has brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion lately, for it is somewhat humbling to find out how many people believe in you and want to throw their support into you adventure. For those of you that know me, you are aware of how tenacious I am and for those of you that are just getting to meet me through this blog, you will soon come to realize that. I want all of you to know that I am a patient, careful person and my priorities on this trip are The Horse, The Dog and then Myself. I will be careful and if I need to I will take extra time to find the safest passages for us all.

Thank you for believing in me and I am looking forward to an interesting and amazing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment