Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Monday, May 24, 2010

There are some great people out here


I just have to say, that 10 days into this trip I am discovering that there are some great people out here. My friends have been wonderful, Alexis and James driving out to Sandy to bring me forgotten supplies, Alison for picking up Solo and keeping him for me while his pads healed up and then driving him out to Dufur, and of course Mr. Morris, Steve's Dad, for coming along with Steve to bring me Delightful to use as a pack horse. Oh and not to be forgotten, Steve Morris, my friend and the best horse shoer I have ever known, for all his help, shoing my horses for free to get me ready for this trip, picking up Delightful and bringing her to Maupin for me. It is an honor to have these people as friends, but what has surprised me most on this trip is those people that are willing to help me just because they are kind and giving souls.
Joie Smith of Rhodedendren who took a whole day to show me the path to ride over Mt Hood and then when there was a forcast of snow, she came and picked me up on the east side of Government Camp and took me to the fair grounds at Tygh Valley. Sid, the care taker at the Fair Grounds, who let me and the horse stay for free and even gave me change to take a shower(bless him forever for this). Gail and Randall(sorry if the name is wrong Gail's husband, I am horrible with names)who let me toss Mystic in there pasture for the night and let me stay with them. The wonderful people of Saniko, a true ghost town, who let me keep the horses inside city limits and fed me and allowed me to shower and do laundry(seriously, I almost cried at this). And then again tonight, Don, of Antelope, a lovely little town with some beautiful old homes and a nice cafe, who is putting my horses up in his corral, and allowing me to "rough it" in his fifth wheel and once again to take one of those ever so dreamy showers, he is a truly wonderful man.
Everyday that I am on this trip, my faith that this is indeed the best country in the world, full of the best people is restored. Thank you all and Bless you (and your showers).

2 comments:

  1. Its awesome to hear about the wonderful people you have meet already!! This is the first chance I've had to check the blog & am very impressed. Can't wait to read more as you go. How is Solo doing now? Have his feet healed up? I saw the facebook page that Mary & Carly are doing & there was something about another more concerning health issue. I'm assuming Solo? If so what's going on? Continue to have fun & know that we miss you!! Alexis is doing great, but we still miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read your adventures and still think your following your dream.. this has to be something bigger and better then Groningen-Maastricht on a horse.. many hugs for days ive forgot to give them to you,, and hugs for the days to follow...

    ReplyDelete