Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hmmm, so how is that weight loss going . . .

I just have to say, that part of this trip for me is to get down a considerable amount of weight and if the people I keep staying with continue to feed me like they are, that might be a little difficult to achieve.

Cindy and Frank prepared me a wonderful meal of steak, potatoes and salad, followed by a delicious rhubarb crumble. This is just the last of many fantastic meals cooked for me by the kind people that welcome me into there homes. I appreciate all of this greatly, but at this rate, I might not make my weight goal. I guess I will just have to walk longer each day to burn off the calories, because I am not going to turn down a home cooked meal.

Mystic's back is already much better and I hope to be back on the road soon. I will be in Bliss tomorrow evening and picking up one of my packages on Saturday morning, the other was sent to Haggerman and will be there on Monday, so I will have to hang around for another day in either Bliss or Haggerman. Then once the new saddle has been verified as good for Mystic and me, its off across the rest of the state again. Though I need to find a brave and kind farrier to reshoe Delightful's back feet as she has almost worn through her shoes, and it appears to be the rest of their shoes will need to be replaced in about 7 to 10 days. So if anyone knows of a good, patient and generous farrier willing to help with my my trip, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment