Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Who gave Mystic access to a computer?

O.K., who gave Mystic access to a computer? I had better not see delightful making any entries either!

So, anyway, back to our regularily scheduled entry . . .

The past few days have been wonderful and well, silly. Yesterday, I was staying with Monte and Diane Bruhn and they were wonderful to us. Monte helped me refit the pack saddle to Delightful to stop her from getting sored up and gave me a thicker pad to protect her more and he talked his shoer, Harold, into replacing Delightfuls back shoes for me. Harold was great, he is an excellent shoer, took his time with her and has helped a great deal in getting her more excepting of having her back feet done. Diane found me 2 massage therapists, Melissa Bench, who worked on both of the girls and showed me some excercises to do to keep there backs in top shape and Jason Cottle, who worked on me for 90 minutes and got my hip and shoulder loosened up again.

Monte and Diane are deeply involved with the Wounded Warriors program, organizing hunts for our veterns. They do this on a volunteer basis and if you would like to help them call Monte at (208)308-8386. They would appreciate any of the help you could give.

Upon leaving Monte and Diane's place, on my way to Buhl, I decided to hop off and check my pack saddle, tighten the cinch and adjust the load a bit. Then it was time to get back on. Thats when it happened, my first fall of the trip. I had placed Mystic next to a small stump and swung up into the saddle, as my leg cleared her back, she dropped her head, and backed up, out from under me. I flipped over her right shoulder and did a summersault back down to the ground. Mystic snorted and shook her head at me, laughing I think, but as a regained my feet she went rather still, and I think I heard her whisper "Oh Crap."

After a brief discussion about standing while being mounted, I was back in the saddle and headed for my next stop at Fred and Penny Hodges place in Buhl, where we had a busy afternoon of massages and shoeings, more delicious food, including strawberry shortcake (soooo love Penny) and to bed. I am running to Twin Falls today to pick up the saddle sent by my friend Joel and then its off to Filer.

You know that funny thing about that fall yesterday, as I flipped upside down, I thought I heard Mystic Quacking . . . Hmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment