Need more info?

The first trip, I was asked often what my cause was, that one I really didn't have one, but now I do. I am riding for awareness, not just about Uterine Cancer, but our health in general. We know ourselves better than any doctor, stand up and fight for yourself, it may just save your life.
Head to the Facebook page, Kathleen's Wild Ride, once again updated most days by my friends Mary and Jay.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What I have learned so far . . .

Every day I meet new and interesting people and I find that I am learning some valuable lessons from them.

From Joie Smith I learned that no matter what difficulties you face in your life you can find a way to work around them.

From the people of Shaniko I learned that a strong sense of community can go a long way to overcome the difficulties caused by selfishness in others.

Jody Foss has shown me that friendship is like wildfire, if you fan its flames it spreads fast and furious.

From David and Heather I have learned that it doesn't matter what people expect of you, you only need to be true to yourself. And that I still find puppies adorable.

This trip has taught me that I can do what I need to, even if it is difficult and painful. I have learned that I am the strong person I always was and that I will not let anyone convince me differently again.

Most of all I have learned that my butt won't actually fall off, even if it feels like it really wants to.

I am a few days from the Idaho boarder now and am excited to meet all of the amazing people to come. I hope you are all ready for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment